Sunday, September 16, 2012

Kitchen Product Review

It has been SO long since my last product review.  But I always love when blogger friends post reviews, so maybe you do too?

Take a peak into my KITCHEN Reviews

On a whim, I bought this all silicone spoon/spatuala at Elliott's Hardware, our only neighborhood-type hardware store (by that I mean, small town feel not like the big box stores).  And I'm in love!



Which is strange because I have replaced all of my plastic tupperware with glass.  And I don't like to use anything in the kitchen that mimics the feel of plastic (tossed my plastic cutting boards too).  My OXO bowls are the only thing that has survived (cause who doesn't love all things OXO?).  And it's not a BPA, tree-hugger thing, I just don't like plastic, like at all.   I really love the feel of natural materials and the way glass wears over time.  But this single silicone spatuala makes me want an entire drawer full.  I can leave it in the pot and it just sits patiently, not threatening to get irritable and melt on me.  Two thumbs way up!


So onto my glass tupperware.  I was finding that glass storage was so expensive everywhere, like $8 for a single good sized bowl with a lid.  Until I met Anchor's version:



I gradually replaced all of my tupperware with the two sets of the larger bowls (3 in each set) and 12 of the smallest (I was making Gideon's baby food & freezing it at the time).  And because I bought them at  Beth Bath and Beyond I used a coupon every single time! And they've held up nicely over the past year.





Okay, so I know I'm probably a little late to jump onto this bandwagon, but I got a lemon juicer and I LOVE it!  I make a lemon glaze that I pour on top of my lemon sheet cakes and for some reason I've made it three times in the past two months (which involved much juicing of lemons).  So I decided to bite the bullet and spend $8 on this juicer.  Such lovely decision.  No more picking seeds out of my juice or rinsing my hands constantly because I have little angry cuts protesting.  And when I need 1/2 cup of lemon it's now a piece of cake...haha...pun intended.  And I can't wait to use it when I make my key lime pie too.



What are your favorite kitchen gadgets?  I'm really curious!



2 comments:

Christy said...

We are in the process of getting rid of all things plastic as well. Funny. Well, I could not live without my kitchen aid blender. My kitchen sheers, my whisk, my cooking stones from pampered chef....the list goes on and on and on! Ha!

Crystal Keilers said...

Yes my kitchen sheers! Oh I use them everyday, good one! And I think if I had a Kitchen Aid mixer I would use that every other day. xo