Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Free-style Quilting

I am feeling very inspired today by Anna Maria Horner's post on Hand Embroidery. Specifically, this pillow makes me squirm:




Wishing that I had brought my embroidery circle and fabric along on this trip (as I sit in a quiet hotel room with my sleeping babe). I am a free-style crafter all of the way (meaning I am rarely intentional, but rather impulsive), so the concept of free-style quilting is right up my alley. And something as small as this pillow seems doable to me. (While the thought of making an entire quilt feels like a visit to sewing prison.)
Maybe I'll sneak in a trip to Joann's...

2 comments:

Christy said...

Glad you had a fun trip and yes I love those pillows as well.

mommy4 said...

oh, make me a pillow! i love it! and i miss you, we have got to catch up this summer. when do you have time?