Sunday, May 29, 2011

DIY Baby Shower Advice Cards



My friend Kelly inspired me to create advice cards as a baby shower activity because she did this at my shower. I loved reading everyone’s advice when it was all over….and I still keep them in my bathroom and read a few here and there. So…I stole her questions and adapted the idea for Peyton's Baby Shower.

First, I used my address label Design Pro application from Avery to create a template for the cards (because I know nothing about graphic design). I used shipping label number 5664.



Cut them with my fiskars paper cutter (I’ve had this thing for over 10 years and I love it! The replacement blades are cheap.)




Then I get messy and design (my most favorite part of the whole process).



Neatly create an assembly line of all designed cards, so that I can just grab and sew.



SEW (forgot to take a picture).


Take to the shower….



Hang with twine and miniature clothes pins.





And have fun seeing what people wrote…












And of course, this was all made possible by mommy’s best helper...

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

LOVE this idea!!!

Christy said...

Love it and what a great job you did! Smiley boy! :)

Eileen said...

SO CUTE! She'll always treasure these!

hapi said...

Hi Crystal Keilers, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog