Sunday, January 9, 2011

Throughly showered with love...


























































Yesterday was one of the sweetest memories I have made. I felt so loved and so "known". Down to every little detail. The theme of the shower was a sort of crafty shabby chic and it was perfectly executed. Oversized spools of ribbon atop burlap tablecloths, gobs of buttons, mini cupcakes from my favorite bakery, we drank sweet tea & strawberry lemonade out of little mason jars, ate out of pie tins, and wiped our mouths with homemade cloth napkins...all of it made my heart so giddy. And more than that, being surrounded by people I know and love was most precious to me. I loved just being with everyone. And Stephen and I have loved reading the parenting advice cards left in the birdcage. Our favorite so far, "Advice for calming a crying baby....stick a boob in it."

It's in the beginning of these new chapters of life that I so value my good friends. Thank you ladies for making this such a special day. And now just 5 weeks (or less?) until our little man makes his appearance (he's been super super active and rolly today which is fun, but doesn't make for a comfortable mama)...

All photos courtesy of Eileen Hart

8 comments:

Eileen said...

What a blast! So perfect for our Crystal in every detail! We love you, Stephen and Gideon!!!

Christy said...

Ahhh so happy for your special day. I thought of you all day and wished I was closer. Love you sweet girl.

Jolene Grace said...

What a special day. I truly wished I could have been there...my heart was. I too thought of you all day. You are going to be such a wonderful mommy.

Jessica said...

Ahhhh.... oh how I wish I could have been a part of your special day! I thought of you.

Are you going to have Eileen do some maternity photos for you? You really are gorgeous you know! You are so close...

Can we talk this week? I MISS YOU!!!!

The Allen Family said...

Hey my sweet friend! I thought of you all day this day also! I love every detail of your shower! It's so you, ad so me! :) I have a little something that I have been meaning to get in the mail for you. LOVE the pics, and am so super excited for you to be a mommy! Oh-and I saw you reading the board book of "On the night you were born",,,we have that too. Isn't it just the sweetest little story!

To add to the "boob" advice...mylicon (Gas medicine) was as much my best friend as nursing!

Miss you, love you, can't wait to see you soon, and to see pics of that sweet baby even sooner!
xoxo

The Allen Family said...

FYI-mylicon for the BABY...not for me! Haha!

Crystal Keilers said...

Jess, YES let's talk this week. And Beth took some maternity shots, but Eileen will take a few more Monday =). Honestly, I feel huge and like people are lying to me when they say I look good. But thank you =). xo

Emily Jane said...

What an adorable shower! So excited for you!