Thursday, December 30, 2010

The latest belly bulge and curtains...

It's been a while since I've posted a current belly shot. So here are a couple of blurry shots. Are you ready? I'm HUGE...





And we just found yesterday that this little boy is already 5.5 pounds and estimated to weigh at least 8 pounds. Ay Caramba!!! He's coming out of me! Wow. But of course we love the fact that he's big and healthy =).

I am now 34 weeks and this has been my favorite part of pregnancy so far. I love sitting and watching my belly move. And it's rare that I'm sitting down without my hands on my belly, feeling his little feet and elbows roll around. It never gets old. Never. ever. This is the first time I've really understood how much of a true miracle life is and how evident it is that we come from a Creator. I am continually humbled by the fact that God chose me to bring forth another life, I feel so inadequate.


Well, I still can't find my camera, but I wanted to show you the nursery curtains we just hung. I took a pretty sorry picture using the little camera on my computer, but you'll get the basic idea:



I changed my mind on the nursery fabric after looking at it for a few days, so I mailed it back. It was too loud and the colors were too much. I love bold colors, but I think I love them most when they're acting as accents, not the main color scheme. When I found this natural linen fabric with the seagulls I knew immediately it was perfect (and perfect for our budget, as it was on closeout for $3.50 a yard). I used blackout lining behind the panels so it will actually block out light. Eventually I'll make a ruffle on the bottom with another fabric. (And eventually I'll take a good picture so you can see the entire curtain panel and not just the corner).

For the past few years I've been using copper plumbing pipe and plumbing fixtures in lieu of curtain rods because I love the industrial feel of it.



And after staring at this fabric for days it still made the cut, so I'm going to use it for the crib bed skirt:



I've been working on a bunch of little projects and I'll post pics very soon...

8 comments:

Jolene Grace said...

OH MY. You are absolutely GORGEOUS! I always knew you'd be a beautiful pregnant momma, but WOW. Thanks for sharing those pics!

I love the idea of copper pipe for the curtain rods, you are so creative! I adore your style. :-)

Jessica said...

I want to touch that cute belly of yours and kiss that baby! You are so cute Crystal, I love it :) I want to see you in person so bad!!!!!

Love your curtains, and love that turquoise fabric. I can't wait to see what you do with it :)

I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

Love those curtains and Luuhhve the crib skirt fabric! That is going to be an adorable, hip nursery!

And above all, love your preggo self! You look radiant.

Jon & Erin said...

Hey sweetie! You are such a glowing, beautiful pregnant woman! I am so excited for you guys! :)

Rhonda said...

You look GREAT!!!
How exciting for you. Pretty soon you're going to get to hold that sweet baby boy of yours :)

Christy said...

I just knew you would look AMAZING pregnant. You wear that baby beautifully. :) Love you sweet friend. So glad that babe is healthy and doing well.

April said...

I love the fabric choices!!! And you are such a cute pregnant mama!!! I wish I was there to see the process, but having your blogs is at least a way (albeit, a still inadequate one) to feel like I am sharing some moments of the journey with you. Thank you for sharing your growth with us!!!

kevinboy said...

OMG! Thanks for sharing such great post! I love you blog and your story! fashion jewelry online