Sunday, October 3, 2010

More pictures from Alaska...

We went to visit our friends Daniel and Melissa Bunker in Homer, Alaska. You can see what's called the "Homer Spit" in the background. It's where all of the boats dock and a lot of fishermen come to fish for Halibut. Isn't this place beautiful?



Our precious friends: Daniel, Melissa, & Caleb Bunker









We had such a great time with our friends, fishing, eating, boating, and talking. Of course the highlight for me was a couple late night talks with Melissa =). I miss her! Fishing was fun, very chilly, but fruitful as we brought home 90lbs of Salmon (and yes, Stephen has already made his first batch of yummy smoked salmon dip).

I felt like I was in another country. It made sense to me that America bought Alaska from Russia in the 1800s. It felt reminiscent of my trip to the Northern Caucasus mountains. Melissa took me to an amazing coffee shop called Two Sisters and I ordered my first latte in like five months. It was made with locally roasted organic coffee. Amazing. We brought home two pounds and I already sent one to my dad (my number one fellow coffee lover). For me, this cafe took a nod to my Californian roots, it could easily belong in San Diego. Everything was fresh and interesting. And their flavor combinations were delicious! And yes, I'm enjoying food again...woo hoo! The "two sisters" were clearly foodies. Okay, enough about the coffee shop. (except one more thing, I ate a brie and tomato croissant that melted in my mouth.)

We took several really good videos but I can't get them to load (I've tried three different times). Hopefully the Techy Prince will come to my rescue again.

3 comments:

Jolene Grace said...

GORGEOUS pictures! Ok, you are the cutest little pregnant lady! I am loving seeing your little bump. I think both you and Stephen are glowing. :-) SO glad you are enjoying food again.

Rhonda said...

Look how cute you are with a baby belly!!!!
Of course I never doubted that you would be cute pregnant. Your ALWAYS cute!!!
This post makes me want to visit Alaska.

April said...

your belly is adorable!!! and i am so jealous about the salmon and the late-night talks. miss you!