Thursday, October 14, 2010

How did this happen?...

I noticed today that I am now walking with a slight waddle. And things are too short. This happened like overnight...



And are you guys sure that babies don't just split your belly right open and crawl out? Cause it feels like that's what's about to happen. It's already so tight. And four+ more months of this growing belly. Tell me I can do this. I guess anything is better than my first trimester. Anything.

Another word on polish. I found a new pale pink that I love. I spotted it on our leasing agents nails and I asked her, "Did you go and get a manicure last night?" (we had just seen her the day before) and she said, "No it's just this new polish." And she pulled this out:



Sally Hansen "Shall We Dance". So I bought a bottle at Ulta (with my $5 off coupon). And I really like it, it does look salon worthy. And I want it to at least look like I had it professionally done. I typically do my own nails & toes (though I love manis & pedis) because I would usually rather buy a shirt or something on sale for the price.

My parents ordered me a few bits of fabric today, mostly for Gideon's nursery, but also a few half yards to recover our cool hand-me-down dining room chairs. I will post pics when the goodies arrive. But here's a sneak peak at Gideon's first two fabrics:




Also, my appetite is picking up. I was really pleased with the fact that I haven't eaten much more than I would not pregnant. Until now. I now eat breakfast (cereal & banana typically), snack (sandwich), lunch (grilled chicken with a side or something similar), possibly a granola bar on the way home and then a full dinner later on. It's like I'm now packing in an extra meal and if I eat light for lunch (like today I had a cup of soup and an order of California Rolls) my stomach literally starts to hurt a couple hours later until I fed it (or rather until I feed this little boy). So I now get the "truck driver" comments ladies. Now I'm with you...

9 comments:

mommy4 said...

i can assure you that your belly will not bust open. how precious it is that you have been chosen to be a mommy.

i love the nail polish color.

i'm excited to see what you do with those fabrics.

Jolene Grace said...

OH MY GOODNESS, your tummy is too cute! I knew you would make an adorable pregnant momma! I cannot wait to see what you do with the new fabrics. :-) Oh, and I am so very glad that your appetite is back, and that you are feeding little Gideon. He needs the nourishment to grow to stretch your tummy that much more! ;-) Keep up the good work, momma, growing a baby can be very difficult sometimes.

Rhonda said...

Yay!
You look soooo cute.
I too can't wait to see what you do with the fabulous fabric.

Chels said...

Crys, it does feel like that baby will just split you right open and crawl on out! It was recent enough for me... I totally remember. :)

I think that the most growth happened for me in my second trimester so you probably won't grow at this rate for 4 more months!
You are Completely Adorable.

I love Gideon's fabric!! Can't wait for tomorrow...

Keep up that good eating, my friend. You're making up for lost time!

Vicki said...

Well you look absolutely ADORABLE to me....even if your shirt is short!!!

Shipra Panosian said...

Eeeeeehhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Months away from internet at home and I come back to THIS?!! So thrilled for your baby news, Crystal. Congratulations, my friend. You just made my morning :) Much love to you and your hubs, and rub that sweet belly some love from me.

April said...

i love the blue fabric!

Amy said...

Oh I wish I was there to pat your tummy! :) You look so lovely. Those fabrics are great!! I wish I had your creativity , I know they'll look great in a nursery!! Can't wait to see the pics!

Glitterdoll said...

You are a true beauy, Crystal! I have been enjoying your journey and following your blog. You are so creative! XO
Amber

Oh and check mine out too! :)
www.thebeautybar-glitterdoll.blogspot.com