Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Video Chat

My good friend Julie came in town from NYC this weekend and we got to video chat with Mandy & Joshua:







And we of course enjoyed our chat over a Pearl Latte:




And Bethany tagged along and graded papers (well, tried to grade papers). She's bilingual and I'm completely impressed by that skill:



Isn't she adorable?!






And you may have noticed, I've been MIA in the blog world these past two weeks. I came home from California to a lot of emotionally heavy stuff. Stuff that's easier to not to blog about. Like my close friend John losing his wife and sister suddenly in a drunk driving accident. And a few days later, my father-in-law being hospitalized.

I'm grateful that God lives in me. I'm grateful He's not just in Heaven (even if it feels that way sometimes). Lately, I've invited Him to break through my anxiety, my sadness, and my doubt.
And He has mysteriously brought peace into this tense chest cavity. More than once.
And the Bible has been fresh, which always brings me peace.
And today, I'm actually just grateful to have something light hearted to blog about, hence why I'm here : ). Maybe I'll sift through the heavy stuff (via blog) later. Maybe not. I'm slowly moving from auto-pilot into first gear.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Ah my sweet friend, I'm so sorry you had to come home to heavy things :( I do love you so. I also am glad that Jesus lives in our hearts... otherwise I don't think I would have survived the past year myself :) I love you!!!!!

Rhonda said...

Praying for you (and for your friend John)!!! Glad you got some fun girl time in.

Eileen said...

Love you!

Christy said...

Oh friend, thank you for sharing so everyone can pray for John and for you and your family.

Jolene Grace said...

Blessed friend, thank you for this post. Thank you for sharing the good and the bad. We will be praying for everyone. {GIANT HUGS} Sometimes I wish I had a private jet so I could just come over and wrap my arms around you.

Shipra Panosian said...

oh gosh, Crystal. How sad for your friend. I'm sending up a prayer for him right now...and you.

It looks like you had such a fun time with your friend. The video chat pic with the Blankenships is darling. They are so dang cute!