Thursday, April 22, 2010

Laila's Banner

I made Chelsea a banner for her new little Laila (on the way).
This was one of my favorite projects to work on to date, mainly because I got a chance to play with so many different textiles.
I used 14 different fabrics and 10 different trims. And you know how I LOVE to mix and match.







And while Julie was visiting from NYC we had fun girl time with Chelsea




And in case you're interested, this post from Moda Bake Shop was my sole inspiration for Laila's banner.

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

So cute!!!
Great job!!!

Vicki said...

Wow your my hero.....Don't tell anyone but I can't even sew a button:) But I can cook. Does that count??

Jessica said...

Ok, seriously adorable!!! That is just so pretty! I love all the fun fabrics and trim. You did a fantastic job!

Kirsten Smith said...

I love it! Way to go, Crystal. We move down (to Lindale, not Dallas) on May 6th. Once we get settled, I would be delighted to get to spend an afternoon with you. ;)

Eileen said...

LOVELOVELOVE it! Truly, so CUTE!!! What a great idea!!! You have far surpassed me in sewing creativity (well, I don't have any of that) and ability! That baby nursery is adorable, too!!!

Christy said...

OK for the record that is my favorite project you have done this far as well. Seriously you could make those and sell them on the side. Beautiful friend, just beautiful!

Emily Jane said...

Those pictures are so cool of Laila's banner and nursery! You did such a great job with the banner! :)

Shipra Panosian said...

oh it's beautiful! Lucky little Laila. She's going to treasure that banner for life!