Monday, April 26, 2010

Honest.


I've been tagged by Jess

Ten Things about me, in Honest form:

1. I want to design & sew a dress for myself someday. But I lack consistent discipline in my approach to really "learning" how to sew.

2. I'm a vomit-phobe. I can't see or even hear someone vomiting, even on TV (and yes Jess, your pee phobia made me think of this one, I'm stealing a couple of your ideas;). Seriously though, if I see someone pulled over on the side of the road, I don't "I wonder if their car broke down?" I think, "Oh gosh. Is anyone throwing up?!"

3. There's a part of me that only makes sense when I am with Muslim people. Yesterday, Stephen and I went to eat at a Mediterranean restaurant and we were the only Americans, I felt completely at home.

4. Sometimes, I'm not as honest as I want to be on my blog. I sorta edit the uglies, ya know?

5. I need to eat more fresh food.

6. Lately, I'm coming to realize that suffering is central to experiencing more of the love of God. Sounds sadistic, but it's really not. I've been mulling over this for the last few years and it's amazing me how beautiful things come out of our pain.

7. Someday I hope to roast my own coffee (my friend Michael does this weekly and makes it sound amazing!). I'd even love to run my own coffee shop. Hence 8...

8. I'm an ideas person. I have a new business idea weekly.

9. The Biggest Loser is the only TV show I follow consistently (on nbc.com, that is). I love a lot of reality TV, but I'm not always home at night to keep up with shows.

10. I haven't mentioned this before on my blog, but I've gone back to school to get my Masters in Early Childhood Education (PreK-6th). I will finish my certification by the end of the summer and slowly finish my Masters over the next few years (probably from home, with little footsies running around). I decided to make this career shift because I love kids and I want my life and my influence to matter. But right now, I'm totally freaked out at how intense my first year of teaching is going to be.

11. I did this tag instead of leaving early for class.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

hehe... thanks for sharing :)

The thing you said about a car being pulled over.... my mind automatically says "oh please don't let there be anyone peeing"... haha! I even look away if I see someone standing on the side of the road, just in case. I guess I'm no good Samaritan!

Chels said...

I don't often read blogs, but when I do get the chance to take a few minutes and read yours I always enjoy it. It is literally like taking a few minutes to have a heart-to-heart with you, and I kinda feel like I'm talking with you instead of reading words on a screen.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed "spending time with you today."

Rhonda said...

Yay you!!!
So excited to hear that you are going back to school to follow your calling to make a difference. I will ABSOLUTELY be praying for you through this.

Thanks for sharing!

Eileen said...

You rock! I love that God made us individuals, and not clones, that we are unique in our personalities and idiosyncracies; we can celebrate our joys, blessings and strengths, as well as grow in our struggles, disappointments and pain. I love your enthusiasm, your heart for Muslims and little people. In fact, I just love you!!! Completely.