Monday, March 8, 2010

Lately Recipes

I'm a monthly subscriber to Martha Stewart Living and each issue includes four recipe cards. Some easy and tasty (and some not so much). I've made both of these recipes recently:

Roasted Carrots
I LOVED this simple method of roasting carrots (delicious!) and though I had the feta, I added it to my fish instead of the carrots. The natural sugar in the carrots caramelized the edges and that taste by itself needed no help.




Lentil & Bulgar Soup
This soup was just okay. Other than a boost in your self esteem (because you know you just ate something really healthy), this soup tasted very boring. After the salt and pepper and little bit of vinegar it was still flat. If you find any ways to spice it up, please pass them along.




What veges have you had success roasting? I'm so curious about which ones turn out really well!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Those look yummy!

I love roasting asparagus, I think that's my favorite. I also like mixing up yams, red and green bell peppers, parsnips and carrots and roasting them.

I think most veggies taste great roasted :)

Jolene Grace said...

YUMMERS! Thanks for sharing!

Christy said...

If you drizzle olive oil and some garlic and salt and pepper on broccoli and cauliflower and then roast them in the oven at like 400 till' they are all crisp and brown it is so good. Even if you dont like those to veggies you will this way....promise! :)

Amy said...

We roast pumpkin here. (Well, we call it pumpkin, I think it'd be butternut squash.) It's yum with feta!

Kathie said...

Amen to the broccoli and cauliflower...I just had that this week. Can't wait to try the carrots with feta!

Shipra Panosian said...

mmmmmm!
Roasted asparagus and zucchini (how do you spell that anyway?) for me.