Friday, March 5, 2010

It works for me.




As most of you bloggers know I like sweets, in abundance. And every other afternoon (okay almost every afternoon) I get a craving for a small something sweet, like half a cookie (okay a whole cookie), a sweetened drink, or a frozen yogurt. Today it was a bottle of peach tea. But here's what I've been substituting. Sparkling water. And it works. I know, you're like "Whatever. When I want a cookie, fizzy water ain't gonna cut it." That's exactly what I would think too. But I challenge you try it, just one time. Yesterday I drank two bottles of Perrier (my least fav of the two) and -350 calories later, I avoided my craving for frozen yogurt.

And now I sit here fully content with my S. Pellegrino. In lieu of that sweet peachy tea. Craving curbed.


4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Good for you. I just can't stand the stuff so I'll have to find a different craving curber.

Jolene Grace said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pellegrino! I was introduced in Italy (when you order water they assume you want water "with gas" - ie Pellegrino). It helped settle my tummy with morning sickness, and it does fill you up. Good idea to try it to curb cravings...I'll have to try it!

Jolene Grace said...

BTW, very cute pic. Your eyes are so stunning. ::JEALOUS!!::

Christy said...

I agree, cute picture. I CAN"T drink fizzy water but its interesting that it curbed your sugar craving. Wonder why? Thats great though. I was taught that when you are eating a meal if you eat an extra piece of protein you wont have the craving for sweets either; I do that on holidays to avoid the dessert table that is basically poison for me. :)