Monday, February 15, 2010

I broke down.

And tried these ridiculous, overly-informercialized things....




HERE'S MY TAKE:

One thumb up on legs.
It takes a little more time than shaving. Convenient if you're not wanting to hop into the shower. But not amazing. Just be prepared to use lotion afterwards because it leaves an ashy white dust (similar to filing your nails).

Two Thumbs down on underarms & bikini line.
Completely ineffective. A joke actually.

One thumb sideways on the girly stache.
It removed a little of the facial fuzz, but not enough to be in the clear.

If I hadn't paid with a store credit, I'd consider asking for a refund (I know, I'm sorta cheap). And you're welcome for taking one for the team (and saving you from those marketing devils). You know you've wanted to try these. Now take your $8ish bucks & have an extra big latte on me (the lesser of two evils).

7 comments:

Becky said...

Now this is useful information! I am really glad I stopped by!

Jessica said...

hehe, you make me laugh :)

Allyson said...

I love when you do these product reviews! I have been skeptically wondering about these things. I am an epilator-lover and I never thought I would be. I still like to shave on top of that for the ultimate smoothness because epilating isn't perfect! Takes time if you think it's worth it, and I do : )

Christy said...

Thanks for the heads up. I think I will stick with my Venus. ;)

Jolene Grace said...

LOL...I had tried a product similar about 15 years ago. I remembered thinking it was like using sandpaper (fine grit sandpaper)on my legs. Silly, silly product, but the commercials really do get you wondering! Thanks for reminding me NOT to give in! XO

Amy said...

Well, good on you for trying! And thanks for the deets. Now, can you please click on those ads that are always telling you to follow "One weird tip" to lost stomach fat? I see that, seriously, everywhere and I never click on it!
:)

Shipra Panosian said...

you're my hero.