Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Girlings Are Gone...

The Girling Family went back to Malaysia on Friday. Fortunately, I was able to take all four kiddos bowling Thursday before they left. And we had SO much fun! They are such quality, well-behaved kids. I mean look at these guys...



Isabel was two and a half when I first met them. She's twelve now! And almost as tall as me...



And we've now made it a habit that whenever I'm around I braid Julia's hair or do something fun with it. (Isabel on the other hand wants very little fuss in her routine, braids are a like "no-way".) So...in between our turns I braided Julia's hair and talked about Malaysia and her life.
I relate so much to her soft-heartedness. They actually call Julia the "little Crystal". To say I'm flattered is a complete understatement.
It's funny because when she was like 8 months old I would take her to Starbucks or the grocery store with me, while Isabel was at Mother's Day Out, and people would often say things like, "Your daughter is the spittin' image of you!" I corrected them at first.

I will sure miss this bunch, but I'm so moved by how they are really "living" their love for God.


4 comments:

Christy said...

What fun to connect with friends and watch the kids grow in the Lord as well. Sweet friend I just have to say she doesnt have to grow "too" tall to catch you.....hey, I'm just saying. ;)

Christy said...

5'5" to be exact girlfrined! :) And shrinking everyday.

Rhonda said...

I love it when good friends visit. And I hate that they grow up so quickly.
Looks like you had a great time!
I wanted you to know you've been on my heart lately so I've been praying for you. I hope all is well.
xoxo

Eileen said...

Beautiful! I know you'll miss them terribly!