Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Winter Wardrobe Staples

This winter I've been hooked on black leggings (today I'm going on three days in a row). They are insanely comfortable and somewhat flattering to my apple figure.

But I have three rules of thumb:

1) My top must adequately cover my booty and hips. And typically my tops are pretty loose, which balances nicely with the leggings being form fitting. Today's top is the shortest I'll go (actually I think it's a little too short):



2) If wearing a dress it must hit "above" the knee, otherwise it chops my legs & just looks wrong.

3) Black flats are the way to go. I bought these boots a few months ago thinking I could wear them with leggings, but it looked overdone. I still love my boots, but I now wear them primarily with jeans (sometimes with black hoes & a dress).


And every winter I love a plain, long-sleeved black Tshirt. Clean, flattering, & sophisticated. I own like 5 of them:



What are your winter staples? Cause c'mon girls, we wanna know this stuff....

5 comments:

Kathie said...

I want your sweet little figure to put in any leggings I might own...

And BTW, you can check my FB page to see how God kept me safe today, if you wanna ;)

Jessica said...

I love it! What a fun post :) I love black leggings, but I need a shirt that covers my booty adequately. My winter "mom" wardrobe is pretty boring these days :(

Rhonda said...

If I had your legs I'd wear legging too.
You are so cute!
My winter wardrobe usually includes some kind of sweater. And I love to wear boots too.

b.mofoto said...

I helped pick out that cardigan for a friend of mine for a photo shoot we did...be looking for it on my blog :). I paired it with a loose sparkly tank, a floral skirt, fishnet hose and heels...very very retro and cute!

Christy said...

my winter wardrobe is pretty basic since I am home teaching the girls. Pretty much jeans and any long sleeve cotton shirt or sweater from places like American Eagle, Hollister etc. Clean and simple and usually layered. I'm not a leggings person for myself but you look super cute. :)