Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Face-lifting my first pillow...

Remember this pillow



After much convincing, Peyton agreed to let me face lift her pillow. Now it looks like this:




In the process of learning how to sew, I've learned a lot about myself. For one, I love to give personalized gifts. So when I loosely learn a new craft, I immediately want to make a gift for someone. Even if I'm not very good yet. (Which leads me to my Side Note: I showed my master seamstress mother my first pillow. And she smiled (which I could see right through) and said, "Honey, I can teach you how to make roses. Let's do that together sometime." Yeah mom, so you didn't like my roses?). So now that I'm a tad better at sewing, not only am I redeeming my family name, but my gifts have improved a little. And Peyton now has a prettier pillow (you lucky girl you).

3 comments:

Amy said...

Very cute! I like your roses! :) If I attempted that, it would look my 5 year old did it. Didn't realize you were so crafty!

Kathie said...

Loaded with cuteness!

Christy said...

So cute. I think you did your sewing mama proud. ;)