Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Two Quick Solutions...

Because I always appreciate your home remedy advice, I'd thought I'd share a couple of things that have made me happy lately.




I typically wash my hair everyday. But I don't like how soft and lifeless it is after I wash it (my hair has much more body when it's dirty). But the flip side is that I cannot stand when it's the least bit greasy near my scalp. So I tried this "dry shampoo" solution suggested by "In Style" magazine and it has made my hair so full of body & very clean looking. 1 part baby powder and 1 part baking soda. So, as of now, I'm using this dry shampoo every other day and loving it. On occasion, I put it in once in the morning and once at night if we're going out.





Texas weather has icky humidity and it often makes my car smell musty (I know I hate that word too). So one day, I unintentionally left a cup of black coffee in my cup holder for a few hours and it neutralized all odor in my car. (Side note, I clean my car regularly, I don't have old banana peels and used candy wrappers lying around). I've tried it several times since (like yesterday for example) and it really works. I think it's the acidy in the coffee that does the trick. Department stores often use coffee beans with their perfume lines---could be a similar idea?

Do you have any neat home remedies? Do share...

3 comments:

Christy said...

ooohhh good idea. My hair does better aftet a day or so of not washing but I cant go without my HOT showers. :)

Crystal said...

Oh girl, I definitely shower everyday. I just cover my head now on the days I don't wash my hair :).

Rhonda said...

Great ideas. I think I might just try putting a few coffee beans in a bag under the front seat and experiment with that a little.