Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

So I just got back from my lunch hour at Salvation Army. I think I like thrift stores more than retail. Actually, I know I do. It's like a real-life treasure hunt, all one of a kind diamonds in the rough. So here are today's finds, totaling $17.46

Love these colors, Scarf $1.50


As a scarf...


On dirty hair days (like today)...


Williams Sonoma mustard plates x 4= $2.00


Cherry Pie plate, $.50----In my adult life, I have never started a collection of anything. Typically, I don't like multiples and I don't buy in bulk. However, I have recently started a ceramic pie plate collection and plan on grabbing them whenever they pop up in thrift stores or antique stores. They just make me happy and I may start using them as my dinner dishes. We'll see.



What would a thrift store trip be without some 80s earrings? (Btw, my dearest Anna Kirby is the sole inspiration for me sporting such things)

My splurge for the day, Navy spiral shells $9.99


Gold hoops, $5

4 comments:

Jessica said...

That's dirty hair? It looks better than my clean hair on a good hair day!

I love your fun finds! I haven't been to a thrift store in so long... it's always on my "oh, that would be fun" list and I never get to it :) Good for you!

Eileen said...

Funfunfun... save a thrift shop-antique shop day with me.

Rhonda said...

I love thrift shopping and garage saleing!!!
Great finds.

Jolene Grace said...

SO FUN! I wish we were closer so I could could shopping with you. What great finds!