Thursday, September 17, 2009

Here's how I did it...

After the first stage, I moved on to the second (staining & sanding) and then third & final (putting on the knobs).

I first beat it with a chain to try and age it a little bit (in hind sight, I wouldn't do that again. It looks too intentional):



Then stain (4 coats total):



And in between each coat I would lightly sand & remove stain in certain spots to give it an antique feel:



Then remove the dust particles with tacky cloth before adding another coat, it's a cloth very similar to this dusting cloth:




And once I was all done, I added the finishing touches:

3 comments:

Christy said...

LOVE IT! and loved talking to you last night even more! Sorry it was short. Miss you, love you!

Jolene Grace said...

That looks FABULOUS! Great job girl...you are inspiring!

Rhonda said...

Wow! This looks fabulous. Great job girl.