Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Quick sewing project



I bought THIS tank top last week with the intentions of adding a ruffle or flowers of some sort. I've been itching to sew it ever since. So, last night we got home around 8 and I cut and hand sewed flowers while we watched a funny movie (Wild Hogs to be exact). I finished the flowers in two hours (which is an accomplishment for me) and sewed them on this morning before work. I actually made five flowers total, but when I pinned on all five they laid awkward down the front, so I applied my "less is more" theory and went with three. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and I'm REALLY happy that I used a flannel shirt that we found at "The Rummage" back in February (a store went out of business and we grabbed all the nice stuff that had been put on the curb). So total cost for this shirt, $5. Compared to THIS one at $58 (rough comparison I agree, but similarly embellished).

5 comments:

Eileen said...

Cute! You are just becoming so good and clever at your sewing! And up BEFORE work to finish a project... I'm impressed... where is all this energy coming from?

Jolene Grace said...

You are SO TALENTED, girl! :-) The shirt is adorable.

Jessica said...

VERY cute :) You amaze me with your talent and creativity! I love it :)

Rhonda said...

Cute embellishment!
You can make any drab old thing look cute though.

Christy said...

I'll send my size right over and you can make me some cute tanks. ;)