Saturday, July 11, 2009

Seattle, Portland, & Alaska here we come....



We're on our way for our two week vacation. We'll start in Seattle then head to Portland and back to Seattle to board the cruise headed to Alaska. We're SO exited, we've been planning this for over nine months now and we can't believe it's finally here!



Here's a quick picture of the fanny pack/clutch I've been working on over the last week. It was my first for many things....sewing leather, breaking a needle (x2), lining a bag.... If I had time, I would make it again and add a couple of zippers for more security. But overall, I think it will be nice to tote around on our excursions. (I didn't have time to model it for you as a fanny pack, sorry:). See you in two weeks!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, I'm so impressed you sewed something out of leather! Way to go! You need to give me some lessons :)

I hope you have a spectacular time! I'll pray it's a time of sweet renewal and rest for you guys :)

Kathie said...

So excited for you both! Have an amazing, precious, sweet time!

Jolene Grace said...

GREAT job girl! I hope you both have a blessed time together. Sleep in, eat lots, and just enjoy the beautiful scenery God created. Love you!

Rhonda said...

Oh how fun. An Alaskan cruise is pretty high on my list of things to do. And your bag is soooo cute. GREAT JOB!!!
Can't wait to hear all about the fun you've had.

Christy said...

that bag is so cute, be ready for people to ask where you bought it. :) Have a blessed time and cant wait to hear all about it.

Shipra Panosian said...

ooh...cruise!
hope it's an an amazing and invigorating vacation.

super cool clutch, Crystal!

Allyson Hill said...

Oh my goodness, what an awesome trip! I hope you have fun! The fanny pack is so cool, what a neat fabric you found too.

Christy said...

OK, I'm ready for you to come home and post now. ;)