Friday, June 19, 2009

This weeks inspirations....





I've been seeing these necklaces pop up HERE and THERE and while I'm not in love with them, I still want to try and make something similar this weekend. And the challenge to myself is to make one that I do love (and it's not like I'll be out any money, except scraps of t-shirt material;).



For some reason I just like THIS painting. I want to sew a wall hanging with a similar composition, rectangular scraps layered on top of each other. And muted tones, I like the muted tones.




THIS door handle is wild! Dramatic colors aren't usually my thing, but she used this fun hook is such a clever way. A small decorative knob, in lieu of a plain knob, can transform furniture, cabinets and closets. If it were me I'd pick THIS one.





Came across these creative alternative to boring hanging plants HERE. I prefer live things to artificial, but sometimes it seems so high maintenance (meaning I've killed over ten indoor plants). But this looks manageable. And though it will be a while before I even attempt these boxes, I had to share this find with you. Aren't these great?!



I've been in a sewing class the past three weeks and I'll have Stephen take pictures of me this weekend modeling my finished products. They're not outstanding, but I don't care because I'm just further confirming that I LOVE TO SEW!!!

On that note, wish me a productive weekend!.....

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Good for you and your sewing class, that is something I have yet to do but would love to if I had the chance :) Those necklaces are cool... I haven't seen anything like that. You are so "vouge" ;)

Christy said...

I took a quilting class and loved it! Good for you for trying new stuff. Have a great, I mean productive weekend. :)

Life on The Rowland Ranch said...

Can't wait to see the pix of your newest creation!! You are an inspiration!! :) Love you much my friend!

b.mofoto said...

I would pick the crazy knob :). I LOVE the necklaces though. It may be cool with more knots and maybe different materials. BUT I'm crazy like that...if only this were the weekend I was there :). LOVE YOU!