Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A few quick things...

If you have wood floors (I've never used it on tile, though it claims to work well) THIS is the absolute best floor finish/mop solution I've ever used. And to me the biggest marketing tool is word of mouth, so I have to shout this one from the roof tops!




Next, Stephen found THIS article with Dallas listed as the number two city in the U.S. for road rage (and I wasn't the least bit surprised).





And finally as promised, here are my Nordstrom Rack finds finds from my parents visit (because you care right?;). All at least 50% retail price:




Love these lemon yellow shorts, $12.97. And my favorite part of this shirt is the crochet detail, $16.97:

<






Fairly basic shorts, but I really like the brick red color, $14.97

And saving the best for last....






All I really wanted on this shopping trip was a nice pair of sandals (the shorts & top were sheer bonus) to replace the Coach sandals that I bought 2 years ago (which I happen to be wearing today). And because these were 50% off, my parents insisted on getting them for me. Not only are they cute, but you could probably walk 10 miles in these shoes (look at that sole!). They retail most places right now for $150. And I'm a big advocate for nice shoes (although I LOVE my $5 Wal Mart flippies) because you only have to buy one pair every two or more years (if that). My philosophy is that I'd rather have one nice pair of heels, flats, sandals, etc. instead of several pairs that are average. And my friend Jason (who has some of the best practical smarts I know) made such great sense the other day, here's what he said..."Two things to never go cheap on: tires and shoes. Tires are the only part of your car that touches the ground and your feet are the only part of your body that touches the ground." Well said Jason, well said.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

um, can I have your legs??? You are lookin' great! I love your finds from The Rack, they are super cute :) You are right about the shoes... now if only I could follow that advice :)

I'll have to try that floor cleaner out.

Christy said...

I agree with Jess super cute girl. Your lookin' good! I agree about the shoes, it took me a long time to learn that and now I shop with purpose when it comes to shoes.

Allyson Hill said...

I love these shoes, I noticed you wearing them in another post and was going to ask you about them, very cute indeed and I agree with your shoe philosophy! I bet they are coming in real handy while walking the decks on your amazing cruise, I really want to go on one of those some day!