Monday, April 13, 2009

Showing off...

...So I'm unbashedly going to brag about the stuff my mom and I found together last weekend. Because I've realized that once you get married that satisfying part of living with women who "Ooooo and Ahhhh" over all of your treasure hunt finds is pretty much no more :). So at least I can come here for one or two "Ewwws and Ahhhhs".

Well, my camera's not working, so I had to "personally" model each item in front of my computer (lucky you. not to mention the fact I felt like such a dork taking these pictures (and you know, when I tried to dodge the camera and not show my face it looked even more odd, so I thought, why not pretend this isn't so awkward, right;)?. And personally, I appreciate it when people post pics of themselves and not just their kiddos b/c I miss seeing their faces. okay okay, so enough already!)

My mom's personal favorite find ($10):




My personal favorite find ($10):



Our overall favorite find ($20):



Fun bracelet ($1):




Cork watch ($2):




All at the inspiration of Anna (who sports 80s jewelry oh so well) ($.25):



They make my mother "gag" (and I love them) ($6):




This is an authentically vintage table cloth, it still had the gold label from 1951 indicating that it had been handpainted. There are a few stains I'm still trying to get out, but I love this color blue and gold together ($6):



The best part of our treasure hunts is that my mother and I have SO much fun together and we share a love for vintage things. And we have such similar taste. And the most expensive item was $20 (which is steep for me, but that necklace is stunning up close & my mom "insisted";). And a note to you Californians (yes I'm still one at heart), you have THE best thrift stores and garage sales! Retro Galore. I'm jealous!

7 comments:

b.mofoto said...

The third necklace is my absolute FAVE!!!! I would steal it if I still lived with you :). And they may make your mom gag, but those shoes are RAD!!!! Love your posts. Now I want to go vintage shopping!

Rhonda said...

I love the computer camera pictures!!!
You're so stylin'.

Life on The Rowland Ranch said...

Love everything..! I especially love the special time you were able to share with your Mom..and my all time favorite is seeing your beeeeeuuuuuutiful face!!!

Eileen said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time with your Mom!!! The photo of you with the earrings looks like it's out of a fashion magazine... seriously!!!

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing your treasure hunt finds, I love it! They are all so pretty! You have to show us how you work those shoes... only a special person could :)

Kathie said...

I LOVE Mommy/Daughter Days! Great finds and great memories :)

Christy said...

Great post and I LOVE the jewelry. Since you miss pictures of me on my blog I posted some especially nice ones just now, go check me out! ;)