Thursday, April 30, 2009

I must say...


Again, that God is so faithful. He provided the sweetest friends (namely Debra & Kelly) to devote an entire day to packing all of our things. You can't imagine how much peace and relief I felt after all of that help. (Packing and unpacking are at the top of my list of "Things I Don't Like Doing"). So, our house has been a maze of boxes for the past week (we move tomorrow), we've been confined to our bedroom, eating random leftovers (like turkey steaks and jello. and cutting those turkey steaks with a plastic (barely serrated) knife), drinking water out coffee cups
---and you know what---this has been one of the best weeks of our marriage. We are together. And I've decided that I'll "live in a tent" with Stephen just as long we're together, loving each other. And I thank God that He does things in such an upside down way. In the most unlikely of circumstances (ie; living in a cardboard wonderland, moving in with the parents), my heart safely trusts Him with the outcome of this whole thing...and that in and of itself is a sign and wonder.

4 comments:

Shipra Panosian said...

I didn't know you were moving? I'm glad you have help though. Many hands make the work that much more pleasant.
Are you still going to be in Dallas?
Enjoy your cardboard wonderland experience, plasticware and all, thankfully you've got someone you love to share in it with you.

Rhonda said...

Moving is in the top of my LEAST favorite things to do list too. I don't envy you, but I am definitely excited for what God has in store for you and Stephen.

Life on The Rowland Ranch said...

Sounds like precious time together. I love that!
Where are you guys moving?
Love you lots my friend!

Christy said...

I always tell Dan that I would live anywhere and do just about anything with him. I tell him,"just say the word and I will go to any country to serve or do any minsitry God calls you to if you should ever leave the Fire Dept."