Thursday, March 26, 2009

Uncle Norman


My mom called me last and told me that they just found out that my great Uncle Norman has an inoperable brain tumor. This was hard news for her and especially for my Aunt LaDonna, Uncle Norman's wife. Aunt LaDonna and Uncle Norman have been married for over 50 years and they love each other deeply. He has been very active the past five years (remodeled an entire house almost by himself), so this came as a surprise. I'm sharing this with you to ask you to please pray. I don't know what to ask you to pray for exactly, I just know that God is loving and so willing to saturate them with his comfort. I want to ask you to pray for it to be miraculously removed (and I prayed that last night), but I also know sometimes God chooses a different miracle. I guess I would ask you to pray for God's miracle.

Over the past two years, I've really been mulling over the whole concept of loss & suffering. And the only thing I've concluded is that God is good, and I mean that in the least trite way possible, and Eternity is so unlike earth. I am now convinced that His heart is for us and not against us and if we will invite him to, he will comfort us. And eventually He will use us to comfort others with empathy for their pain. As I've said before, losing someone will always leave a void in our life here on earth, there's no way around that, we were created to love and when we lose whom we love it hurts, it aches. And the loss leaves us walking with a limp this side of heaven. But again, God isn't against us, he is very near in our suffering. And I'm asking you now to please take just two minutes and pray that God would express His love for Uncle Norman and all involved in a tangible way today and in the days to come. God is good.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

I will definitely be praying for God's miracles. I believe having peace in the fact that God is in control regardless of the circumstance is a miracle too. So I'll be praying for a miracle for your Uncle Norman, and for your Aunt LaDonna and everyong else who will need it through this.

Jessica said...

I just said a prayer. I love the peace that you have, it is a testimony.

Christy said...

I'm all choked up. I will pray for your family. The act that they have been married for 50 years just made me get goose bumps. I can't imagine loosing Dan after just 14 let alone 50. A peace washed over me when I was reading your post and it's funny because last night I was very frustrated and decided in the midst of that to thank God that our bodies are temporary and that eternal life with him is going to be so amazing; no pain, no illness, no sadness, no loss and no limp in our walk.

mommy4 said...

Oh Crystal! I'm sorry, it's sometimes so hard to know how to pray. But I will pray for peace, love, understanding, and for God's will to be done. Sometimes it seems its just not enough time, the life we live here on Earth. He is Emmanuel.