Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Several things....

Bad news first, Stephen got food poisoning yesterday. So miserable. I've always been so grateful that he doesn't have a sensitive gag reflux like me and he's only vomited like five times in his entire life (unlike me), but last night was the exception. And my poor hubby ran a fever and felt awful. He's still achy this morning, but no nausea which is nice.

I was going to start sewing lessons last night, but wanted to come home to be with him, so I'll be starting next month hopefully. I'm really wanting to develop more "skill" in my approach to making things (like sewing a straight line, for example). More to come...




I've come up with a recent theory about avocados. Random I know. But here it goes: Eating avocados causes me to eat less fat overall. As you know I've been eating much more fruit and veggies over the past six months and part of that mix includes lots of avocados (I call them God's fruit because they're just divine tasting, don't you agree?). So, I feel like when I eat avocados regularly, like almost daily, I don't crave "bad" fats as much at all. In my mind this makes perfect sense. My body needs fat, right?, and if I will give it "good" fat, it will thank me (by not begging me to go to Society Bakery and eat the most incredible cupcakes known to man [even Ellen Degeneres agrees with me]). I will continue to test this theory and give reports periodically (like how many cupcake runs I make;). But I thought I'd share my new theory because such things that go on in my head are so blog worthy :).





Part of the reason I like THIS chandelier is because of the price as well as the general design. However, I think the the ceiling brackets are an eye sore, but I thought for $399 you can't get a better option. Until, I came across this blog today. Door 16 thought the same thing and he shared another much "LESS" expensive option. See what you think.






Lastly, I made another blogger friend today and she posted this clever alternative to tasteful Roman Shades. I love this!!!



And several months ago she made this simple yet colorful curtain, cute eh?



Hope your weekends were good. Ours was good and somewhat restful (oh except for the fact Stephen's car was broken into again, second time now). We looked at houses, not sure if we're going to buy or lease this next go around. I'm itching to "nest", as I'm sure you can tell ;). I worked on my own little, very little, DIY project and I'll post pics soon. Along with an amazing lamp I found at a garage sale. Have a great week, enjoy the sun :).

6 comments:

mommy4 said...

Wait "nesting"!?! What does that mean? And I totally agree with you about avocados. I would eat them everyday but my grocery budget doesn't allow it for now. Maybe when I get an avocado tree, I'll hook you up. And yes I am in the process of getting an avocado tree, but our house has to sell first. So pray it sells quickly so we can eat all the avocado's we want!!!

Jessica said...

I agree with the avocado thing, and I LOVE them as well. They do in fact fill you up. Ethan eats a half of one every night with dinner too.

Fun chandelier... I love it.

Christy said...

poor guy, food poisoning is the worst! Feel better Stephen.

Love th light. I agree and have read many times that if when you crave something bad you eat Avocados or a salad you retrain your brain to want better things. Not that I would turn down on eof those cupcakes if you offered me one though. ;)

Rhonda said...

I hope that's true about avocados, because it is just one more reason I can give myself to eat them more often. I wish I knew someone with a tree.

I hope Stephen is feeling better.

Eileen said...

Wow, sorry about Stephen... how's he feeling today? Great blog, I love heading about random thoughts, interesting chandeliers, craft projects, and avocado headlines!!!

Eileen said...

hearing... not heading... and I was just telling you about proofing... humility is a beautiful thing!