Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My DIY planters

Here was my Saturday project:



I've been wanting some plants around the house, but nothing too bulky that adds more "clutter" feel. So I found this spanish grass at Home Depot and thought "I've got to do something with this! Hmm. Little white planters? Yes!" Well have you ever priced small painted pots? They're outlandishly overpriced, $6-10 for "one". So instead I bought the plain terra cotta pot with matching saucer for $.99 each and spray painted them white. So for everything it only cost me $14 bucks. My only frustration was the spray paint I used was too glossy and it dripped, took way too long to dry, and the dirt likes to stick to it. You can see a little drippage here:




I also bought an extra little patch of grass for my planter on the patio: (side note: I've had this planter since 2002!)




Also, it really blessed me to wake up to this Friday morning:



And this Sunday morning:



You're so right Rhonda, flowers remind me of the fact God is the giver of all life. And I'm grateful to be alive today.

9 comments:

Life on The Rowland Ranch said...

Beautiful!!!! I'm so proud of your thriftyness and creativity!! Wowee!! I'm thinking it's about time you start your own show....!! :)

Rhonda said...

We have some of that grass too. It's so fun!

Eileen said...

Cute!

mommy4 said...

What a great idea to spray paint terra cotta pots. I have to try that! I think they look GR8!!

Jessica said...

Oh I LOVE the planters and the plants you put in them. It adds color and life to the room :)

Jessica said...

and good thinking on painting them to save money! Painted pots cost so much!

Christy said...

Love the grass and the planters! Really cute ideas as usual. :)

Shipra Panosian said...

great idea. Is that a succulent? I think they have so much character. Hmmm...painting terra cotta pots might be a fun kid project too...will have to try it.

Jolene Grace said...

I LOVE your new DIY project! Flowers and plants bring life to a space. GREAT job! (Oh, and those stargazer lillies are just lovely; I can practically smell them from here!)