Sunday, March 8, 2009

If it's a dollar it...


...has the Keilers name ALL over it. Yes, I don't buy in bulk, but I do coupon cut (saved $24.07 at the grocery store yesterday) and I am one for a "good" deal (good meaning well-priced items that are quality & functional). Enter Dollar General.

We took our first "dollar store" trip together. And I learned a thing or two about mine and Stephen's shopping "styles". I like to shop, Stephen likes to buy. Translated: I like the "experience" of comparing prices and colors and deals; Stephen hunts and kills, no questions asked. (The man almost never returns anything!!! I return bi-monthly). I can leave a store empty handed after having spent an hour "shopping"; this is a complete waste of Stephen's valuable time. But I will plead my case for a minute. All of my wasted hours "shopping" have prevented me from falling "prey" to Mr. Dollar General. I know that Oreo cookies and Neutrogena sunblock are cheaper at the regular grocery store. $12 for suncreen, ha. You should be ashamed of yourself.

The things below are the things that we purchased on our dollar adventure (note: Stephen's contribution to our cart is on the left (24 items, "8" boxes of Kleenex & 48 rolls of toilet paper), mine on the right (8 items, only one duplicate---florescent socks because, well, they're florescent socks).

Oh and we had a really great time together, we laughed alot.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

hehe, that post makes me laugh... and the fluorescent socks... wow! You could light up an entire room with those!

Life on The Rowland Ranch said...

How fun! Can't wait to see those flourescent socks on you! And, I'm curious...looks like Stephen stocked up on shirts? What are those in the front of the pile..just can't imagine DG having a very good selection of men's clothes..? Then again..maybe they do! :)

Eileen said...

hehehe - that was good! I'm with Stephen... get in, get it, and get out!!! And what was the total for this "dollar" shopping spree?

Christy said...

hey, the fact that you are brave enough to shop together at all is a huge accomplishment. We decided from the very beginning it was better for our marriage to just say,"no!" case in point we HAD to stop by toys r us the other day real quick and he played with a light saver for 20 minutes......point made!