Thursday, March 19, 2009

He rocks my world

So I walk in the door last night....



...then run quickly to hug my husband & kiss his entire face. And then he asks me to get him a glass of water....



This time I go to squeeze him with tears streaming down my face.
I was blown away. I'm so blessed by this man I tell you :)! And the kicker is yesterday was a not-so-good day for him and he selflessly thought of "me" and bought me gobbs of fun flowers on the way home. To make the night even better still, we went to our favorite pub for dinner and sat on the patio for two hours, it was so refreshing.
We ordered our two favorite dishes and shared: Salmon salad and Dublin Bay caserole (basically a shepherds pie with all kinds of creamy seafood in lieu of beef). All around awesome night!!! Thank you baby!!!

Now unlike my mother, I ADORE fresh flowers and I don't at all think it's a waste of money. Arranging flowers is such an energizing form of artistic expression for me (and my honey knows that well). Seriously, I have to be careful not to do to much before bed because I get so excited it's hard to fall asleep. So here's what came of the two bouquets:

THE LIVING ROOM






THE DINING ROOM







THE BEDROOM



MY CRAFTY NOOK





THE BATHROOM




Who says that fresh flowers in every room is reserved for the rich?
Not me. :-) :) :-) :) :-) :) :-)

9 comments:

mommy4 said...

Yes, you are blessed as is he! I'm so happy God has prepared you guys for eachother and how he is knitting your hearts together. I really like what you did with your flowers, they are just beautiful!!

Rhonda said...

I agree. Flowers in every room is awesome! To me, they are a constant reminder of God. Nothing is a waste of money that makes me think about God.

Jessica said...

awe, how sweet! There's nothing like a sweet surprise :) You are so cute with arranging the flowers.

Kathie said...

Gorgeous arranging and gorgeous hearts!

And amen to Rhonda's comment! Very cool!

Toby K. said...

Could it be, that I am finally able to leave a comment???? WOW those are BEAUTIFUL!!! You are truly blessed give him a hug for me:) Oh it's Vicki having to post on Bryce's account darn.....sigh.....

Jolene Grace said...

I LOVE THIS! I used to buy $3 bunches of flowers at market night in redlands and would put arrangements all over my apartment too. That is THE BEST! Nothing like fresh flowers to make a girl's day. What a doll Stephen is!

Shipra Panosian said...

wow, you really made that one bouquet WORK for you! What a thoughtful hubby :)

Christy said...

yup flowers and candles, both make me feel all happy inside. :) Tell the hubby I said good job. Blessed you more than he will know probably. :)

Eileen said...

Awe... what a great husband! Stephen, you rock!