Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Office Gifts

In light of the "tightness" of this season, we thought outside of the box for Stephen's office Christmas presents. Here's the story: My boss told me to take home some of the "gourmet" grapefruits (is there such a thing?) a business partner had given him; So, naturally my "gifting" wheels starting turning...how can I covert these into gifts?....First, I called Sur La Table here in Dallas (a speciality store, right by my house) and asked if they had grapefruit spoons and how much? To which they responded $1.95. $1.95?! Perfect. So I bought sugar packets and cut silk strips for ribbion, tied it all together, safety pinned the sugar to the ribbion...And voliah "Merry Christmas" to the office folk for 2 bucks.

But the one catch is I don't think everyone likes grapefruit, (do you? ). This may be less of a gift than I thought (Stephen said he was the only one who ate it at the office yesterday:). Personally, I've determined to eat grapefruit and drink black coffee in my adulthood, cause both are reserved entirely for adults (according to my childish mind;).
Oh and I ate my first grapefruit this morning (and had cream in my coffee)...Okay, I'm just "starting" to cross the threshold.


6 comments:

Jessica said...

You are SO creative! I love that, I think it's such a cute idea :)

By the way, I only drink my coffee black and I love grapefruits. Does that officially make me an adult?

mommy4 said...

WOW! What a cute idea. MMM...I haven't crossed that whole coffee thing and grapefruit. I get my caffeine with Coke, terrible I know but that's what I do.

Christy said...

shoot, I dont eat grapefruit or drink coffee. When I grow up I want to be like you and Jess. ;) Really cute idea that I would love to receive just because there was thoughtfulness and love put into it. Those are the kind of gifts I like the best. :)

Chelle said...

allergic to citric acid... but love the idea! Coffee: love it any way (black, w/ cream, sugar, splash of chocolate milk), but it has to be decaf :)

adult= drinking coffee for the taste. Welcome, my friend!

Vicki said...

You all are so cool. ANd those gifts what great taste and class.!!!!!!

Shipra Panosian said...

I would love a gift like that! Thoughtful and soooo good for you.

Our neighbor who grew up during the depression said that her Christmas stocking always had citrus fruit in it as that was such a special treat for them during that time. That's it, fruit and one handmade toy.