Thursday, December 11, 2008

Craziness

Well...I've been out of the blogging world this week because a lot has happened. Let me start with early Tuesday morning, 2am to be exact. Our doorbell rings and we hear loud, hard knocking on our front door, and yeah you could say our hearts were pounding somewhere between our chest and our stomach. It was the cops. Apparently someone broke into Stephen's car and they wanted us to come and look at the damage, file a report, etc. Okay, fine. We filed a report waited for a detective to come and fingerprint (which he couldn't do because it rained) and then crawled back in bed around 4ish. Then at about 4:45ish we hear a car door shut. Stephen goes to the window in the living room and notices a car parked on the wrong side of the street, directly across from his car. He waits and watches. No one was there and it was a nice car, locked with a visible alarm so he thought nothing of it. But waited a few minutes longer. And then a young kid in denim shorts past his knees, a big black sweatshirt, and white oversized tennis shoes comes walking down our sidewalk and goes directly to my car. He ducks down near my right rear wheel and surveys the situation (in other words, thinks about how he's going to break "my" window now). Stephen abruptly opens our balcony door, steps onto the balcony, and shouts, "I see you Punk. I see you Punk. ---Honey get my gun!--- I'm comin after you", "the punk" runs all of the way down the street. Now I think my heart was beating in my feet. No more than five minutes later the cops randomly come back and we flag them down. They take more notes and attempt to go after "the punk". The oddest thing is that the car parked directly across from Stephen's was entirely unrelated, yet we heard the door shut and that's what made Stephen go and look out of the window. I think that was God. After calming down, we went to sleep around 5:30ish and woke up about three hours later. Stephen stayed home from work and worked with the window guy in replacing his window (in 29 degree weather I might add. Oh and another cool thing I might add is that this window repair guy was from Turkey...of all places...Turkey). Then later that evening we had several friends from church come over and finally went to bed Tuesday night around 11pm. Then we had more friends come over last night (which was SUCH a blast) and we had dinner---side note, I made my Grandma's Split Pea Soup (she's the best cook ever) and it was so so good!---and went to sleep around 10:30. I'm thinking we'll eventually catch up on sleep this weekend, we're both so tired. I just wanted to give a window into "Our Little World" this week. Unfortunately, I've had multiple "blogger afterthoughts" wishing that I would've taken pictures of the broken window or time with friends or Stephen in his skinnies on the balcony (oh okay, maybe not that one), but I just forgot to bring out my camera. But I've done a bunch of things around the house and sewn several things, so I'll do my best to post pictures tomorrow or this weekend.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, what a night! Thank goodness your car was not broken into as well. The image of Stephen yelling from the balcony was a little funny.

mommy4 said...

I am so sorry that you guys went throught that! I'm so thankful that you and your sweet hubbby are well and safe.

b.mofoto said...

Oh, I wish I could've been there to partake in that yummy split pea soup. Miss you, and sorry about the break in...I can picture Stephen doing that and scaring the crap out of that "punk" with his tall frame and voice.

Life on The Rowland Ranch said...

Wow! Crazyness for sure! I love the part when Stephen yells at the "punk". Sounds just like something Matthew would yell in the heat of the moment! :)
Hope you guys get some much needed rest this weekend!

Jolene Grace said...

OH MY! Crystal, sounds like you guys need a good day of absolute "nothingness" to recharge! Staying so busy and having so much drama keeps things interesting, and can be a blast (the friends part), but all too often "us time" gets put on the backburner. I hope you get rest this weekend, and that your drama quota has been met for the rest of the year. ;-) Love you girl!

Christy said...

Oh man, sorry that happened to you guys. I totally got a visual of Stephen yelling at the "punk" and kinda had to laugh at what you must have been thinkin. UGH life sometimes I tell ya'. Just the other night we had to guys casing our neighborhood with masks on in their van so we got a phone call late as well.

Rhonda said...

Wow. Did they catch the punk? Have you gotten some rest?

Keandra said...

That was pretty crazy!!! I can just imagine Stephen standing on the balcony yelling "I see you punk". That's the best line ever. Anyway, glad he caught that punk before he touched the Jetta.