Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blast from the Past




Okay, I came across this picture on Monday and couldn't resist posting it. It brings back so many memories. This picture was taken in 2005 on our mission trip to Turkey. Stephen and I were not at all interested in each other, but we were just becoming better friends on this trip. (However, I always thought he was such a cutie). The "craziest" thing about this picture is that Stephen and I are now married and the couple on the far left are now married too---and NONE of us were dating at this point. My friend Julie jokes that we should start advertising for a "meet your mate" mission trip, wouldn't that be a hoot?! But we both look SO differently huh?! I love my hubby's hair and ever since we started dating he's kept his curls to humor me :). Honestly, I just think he has the best head of hair out there (and our hairdresser agrees with me;).

Okay, one last thing I'll say is that when I look at this picture I am truly so grateful for the places that God has taken me and the healing that he's brought to my heart. While I loved being single and all of the things that came with that season of my life, I love being married to Stephen so much more. I love this new chapter of my life. God has been so faithful to me (as I not so patiently waited for him to bring me to this place;); And I'm full of gratitude towards Him this morning.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute :) It's always fun to look back and see where God has taken us. I agree with you about Stephen's hair... I think the curls are great :)

mommy4 said...

Thanks for sharing this picture. Some my favorite people are in it! I was never single for any part of my adult life. I married Tino when I was 18. But I wouldn't change one day, I'm sure you feel the same way now.

Christy said...

Ok, I am such a sap; I totally got a lump in my throat reading this post. Probably because I have been oh so blessed watching you go through and "grow" through the different seasons in your life and as a sister in Christ you make my heart swell and I get so proud of the woman you have become. Ugh, now I need to give you a hug! Here it comes, CATCH!! ;)

Life on The Rowland Ranch said...

You two are absolutely perfect together!! I think mission trips are the BEST place to get to know each other...from my experience. :) And by the look of the picture..I think there must of been some sparks starting to fly..I see love in your eyes!..or pre love..? :)

Jolene Grace said...

You made me cry. What a beautiful post, Crystal. I couldn't agree more...God is so good to us, even through our adventures. I could not think of a better match for you in Stephen, and I am so deeply happy for you guys. You are honestly one of the most beautiful people I know.

Jolene Grace said...

Oh, and by the way, Campus Crusade for Christ is pretty good at making matches too...after all, Jess and I both got our guys there! (CCC = Campus Crusade for Couples).

Shipra Panosian said...

stumbled on your blog through Jane's and had to smile at this first post. I don't even know if you'll remember me but I didn't know you were married and wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! I'm glad you put in the bit about having enjoyed your season of being single too, so many people spend so much time fretting over being single, they miss out on really taking advantage of that special time.

Eileen said...

What a great picture, and so interesting that Stephen is right behind you in it!!! God's perfect plans aren't always known by us right away, are they!!! Love you!