Monday, November 10, 2008

Saturday projects







I made these for a friend from church who just had a baby girl. And I have to admit, I feel I'm much too impatient to use a precise pattern, so I've now made my own a couple of times out of card stock (and they're anything but precise). I think I like things asymmetrical and "crafty" looking, but I hope I'm not just giving myself an excuse to be messy ;). I know I will use a pattern eventually, just not yet. Have you used a pattern? Was it terribly time consuming measuring everything? Do tell...

5 comments:

Jessica said...

So cute! Good job :) I'm totally with you on using patterns, only with me I'm just lazy. I suppose it wouldn't be all that hard to use them. I used one but it was super super simple.

mommy4 said...

I think it turned out precious, and it's one of a kind. I did use one pattern about a month ago, it was OK. It did take a while to read and figure it out. It was an easy pattern, I'm not as creative as you are. I can't come up with things on the fly.

Rhonda said...

I think it is totally cute that it isn't perfect. That is what gives it charm and makes it special!

Christy said...

oh so cute! You go with your cute, rebelious self! ;) I like to do things my way too! Sometimes its good, and sometimes its..........well, lets juts leave it at that! ;)

Jolene Grace said...

You AMAZE me. I wish we lived closer...I'd love for you to teach me...maybe some of your passion for sewing would rub off on me!