Thursday, November 20, 2008

My New Crafty Nook


A GREAT sewing book that my mom bought me





The Bins


Upholstery/Pillow Fabric (thank you Debra;)


Blue bin: needs repair; Green bins: clothing fabric & ribbon



Sewing Basket
(side note: I bought this basket at BIG LOTS for $2 & dusted it with gold spray paint)




Current Project Basket
(I'm crazy about this gaudy basket)




(I took all of these pics, not my talented husband, so that's why they're blurry).

I'm loving having my own creative space that's both colorful and organized! However, I continue to revert to the dining room table on some projects because it's such a large amount of space. I started sewing onto a sweater the other night (the first thing I've made for myself) and I'll post pics when I'm done. If you have any suggestions of how you've kept your crafty things organized (particular bins or methods or whatever) please share, I'm open to suggestions :)....

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I LOVE your craft nook... it's so clean and clutter free :)

I also love all that fabric... it looks fun fun fun. I'll bet it makes you want to create :) I wish fabric were cheaper.

The baskets are great too :)

Jolene Grace said...

Your craft nook is WAY TOO CUTE! It looks like a magazine! The baskets are adorable. My crafty items are kept in small plastic containers with drawers as well as baskets. :-) Oh, and for cheap yarn and fabric, try garage sales! LOVE YOU!

Rhonda said...

How awesome to have your own space! I always pull stuff out to the dining room table and put it away in the closet again when I'm done.

Life on The Rowland Ranch said...

Wow!! You are one talented woman!! I love your crafty nook! You are going to make an incredible Mommy some day...I can see your little girl sitting with you sewing matching sweaters.. :)
And..this was so fun..we were at this big Jimmy Evans banquet last night (pretty fancy), all night, they scrolled huge pictures across these BIG screen tv's..about six of them..they had a pictue of you and your hubby, we got to see your precious faces during the entire banquet..felt like you guys were right there with us! ;) You two are a beautiful couple..inside and out!! We love you!

Christy said...

so cute and organized.....like I would expect anything less. ;)I can buy mason jars and put spools of ribbon you buy in them.

Eileen said...

Organized I'm not. You go girl!!!

Shipra Panosian said...

oooh, just bought a second hand sewing machine to 'play' with. What a blessing to have this little spot all to yourself!