Wednesday, October 1, 2008

San Fran
















In one word: full. My four days with family was full of so much....activity & people....and I loved having everyone all together :). I enjoyed the short four days that I had with everyone, but it wasn't nearly enough. I stayed with my Aunt & cousins in Los Gatos (near San Fransisco). Family from Southern & Northern California came & also family from Germany. The first picture above shows all but four people who came for the reunion. I was sad to leave after only four days, but also SO happy to be back with my hubby (four days felt like four months). However, I cried when I was feeding my nephew dinner the night before they left (you can see my red nose in the pic above), and I miss him today. I think what makes me most sad is that this season in my nephew's life he's changing so rapidly and I'm missing all of those little "moments". But I have to trust God with his life and make an effort to visit as often as I can.

I enjoyed my time with my cousins (in swimming pic above), but again felt like it was way too short. I found it hard to balance my time and affections between all of these kidos that I love so deeply. We had fun swimming and playing cards, and I also took Amari to a ceramic place and she painted a kitty cat (pic above).

We spent my first afternoon touring the Golden Gate & walking around San Fransisco. My cousin Andrea from Germany and her husband want to see all of San Fransisco, so this was just one of four planned trips (the three of us are in a pic above). It was nice to spend time with them and their parents (my great aunt & uncle) and get to know them better. And who knows, Stephen and I may visit them in Germany someday in the future (they insisted!).

It was such a nice time. And now I'm busying cleaning and re-decorating this week (we re-arranged the furniture) and one of these days I'll post pics of the our entire duplex. (One of these days...)

4 comments:

Eileen said...

OHMYGOSH... a whirlwind trip for sure! So glad you had a wonderful time with your family! Now I get you NEXT weekend!!!

Jessica said...

What a great trip! I'm so glad you got to see all of your family :) Your nephew is adorable!

Christy said...

so glad you had fun and are home safe with your man. Oh and in reference to your comment on my blog; ya' very little kissing in the theater!

mommy4 said...

Isn't family fun.. We have a big family, but we're all here in Dallas. I'm glad you got to see them.