Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fall-ish Living Room






Here are a few things I've done to re-decorate our living room. I think before now I've been afraid of color, I've always leaned toward muted tones, but I'm loving having multiple colors...it feels so cheery to me. Also, the only thing I "bought" were the squashes/pumpkins, everything else is stuff I already had, just rearranged. And in fact, most of my pillows, frames, etc come from estate sales (at like $2 a pop). I say to this say, that decorating doesn't always cost lots of moolah. I used some of the fabric my friend Debra gave me to matte the polaroid of me & Stephen. (Thank you MUCH Debra!). This bout of creativity makes me feel so happy & alive.

7 comments:

mommy4 said...

OOOOOOH! Pretty!

Jessica said...

Cute and fun :) That kind of stuff makes me happy too.... the best part is that you did it for cheap!

Rhonda said...

Nice!
I LOVE color - as long as it is the right colors together.

Christy said...

So cute. I love getting a little peek into your home and lives. I LOVE decorating with stuff I find cheap or I re-use from somewhere in the house.

Rhonda said...

Thanks for trying! Really, the public vote is not going to count for much. There are judges judging the pictures.

Eileen said...

Nice!

Life on The Rowland Ranch said...

Your home is so beautiful!!!