Monday, September 15, 2008

I LOVE sewing

I sewed this weekend and it was such a great creative outlet for me. You know when you're not creative for a while and then you do something to get your juices flowing? And then you feel so refreshed! That's how I felt this weekend. I think I could really take sewing up as a permanent hobby ("permanent" is the key word here, b/c I get bored easily...or just simply forget about the 8 different projects I started). I need advice on the onesie. Should I try and fabric paint the part of the decal that got messed up? Or any other suggestions are welcomed.

Here are the things I made (jagged stitches & all;):

Dish towel




Kids hand towel




Onesie with messed up decal:

4 comments:

Jessica said...

cute! I love to sew. I so wish we could sew together! You should see the great crooked lines I do :)

Rhonda said...

I LOVE sewing too! I love the process of having a finished project that I put so much into.

Christy said...

fabric paint should do the trick. I love to sew as well. Sounds like you, me, Jess and Rhonda need to get together. :) I am trying to decide if I want to tackle a quilt this year as a Christmas gift or not.

Jolene Grace said...

Those look fantastic! I am so impressed! I think fabric paint should work for ya. Sewing is such an art...my mom has the gift. I can get by, but I hate the bobbin on my machine...