Monday, September 22, 2008

Full Weekend

While Stephen went away to fish & watch the Texas Tech fball game w/the boyz in Lubbock this weekend;
I busied myself (and missed him like CRAZY!). Here's what I did:

Saw my Grandma visiting from Cali:


Also visited with my uncle, his wife, & my two cousins (forgot to take camera out, just got one pic of me & grandma)
Made a golf burp rag for my uncle and his wife who both love golf (& just had a baby boy ten days ago):


Let me just comment about this burp rag....it took over FIVE HOURS!
I had to rip the seams like six times...grrr...
I think because I used flannel and double sided it, it was so thick, I wasn't used to playing with tensions & stitch widths, etc on my machine. However, I used flannel and put a different color on the back side because that's what Jess told me she did on hers (and what a cute idea it was!). I did some more sewing this weekend and I'll post pics of the finished products later :). I love to sew (let me just say that again)...a girl after my mama's own heart :).

I also celebrated Christian's birthday with my friend Serah (his mom) at church with cupcakes & apple juice. Isn't he the cutest?!




I leave for San Fransisco on Wednesday for a family reunion, so I'll have lots of pics with family from all over. (But Stephen and I are not happy about being apart again, for 4&1/2 days this time:,,(). More later...

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute burp rag! Five hours??? I'm sorry! That is a long time! I can get them done really fast... maybe my flannel is not as thick as yours?? Now I feel bad for suggesting it :( At least it's super cute!

Rhonda said...

The burp rag looks really GREAT, even if it took really long to make.

Eileen said...

Safe travel... have a wonderful time in San Francisco! Remember the camera!!!

Christy said...

oh, have so much fun in SF. I hate being away from Dan as well. I mean we are apart so much in daily life that when one of us travels without the other its horrible. I get homesick like in one day! We try not to do it very often. Safe trip and takes lots of great pictures. Love ya'

Jolene Grace said...

You are amazing, girl! I wish I could love sewing...that was one gene I didn't get from my momma (unfortunately). If it is any consolation, it would have taken me twice as long to do the adorable burp rags if I attempted them! I hope you had a great time in SF. Blessings to you and Stephen!