Sunday, June 22, 2008

First Sewing Experience





I had my first sewing experience this Saturday, thanks to my sewing mentor Eileen :). Together, we sewed a "rag baby quilt". Eileen thought that this would be the best thing for me to start with because it's such a forgiving pattern, and she had to remind me of that many a times (as I sewed many perfectly crooked lines and a couple squares completely backwards). After about 4.5 hours we finished all sewing. Now I just have to "rag it" by cutting small slits along all four corners of each square (mind you there's 48 squares) and wash it in the washing machine a bunch of times to get rid of all of the threads. I'll post the final picture, but don't hold your breath until then...it will be a while, in that we leave for South Africa this Friday :).

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Great job!!!
You have a great teacher though.

Jessica said...

Way to go, I can't wait to see the finished product! I learned how to sew last fall, it's fun :) I haven't made a quilt yet, but that one looks like a great project.